Thursday 29 November 2012

Been in my basket #3








Blue necklace Topshop - £14
H&M neon necklace - £6.99
Asos aztec pom pom clutch - £40
YSL arty ring (bought for my 21st a while ago but looks good with the bag)
Gift bags - £1.00 - £1.50 at Primark 
Embellished black top Topshop - £50 
Grey and red fingerless gloves from Urban Outfitters - £14
Leather sleeved grey top from Asos - £25 
River Island embellished shorts - £45
Born free tank top/dress - £16 

Recently my style has taken a very monotone approach. I love things that are boho, especially in summer, but during winter I like to take the darker approach on that with lots of things like heavy embellishment, fringing and aztec prints. 
 - The embellished top from Topshop is absolutely gorgeous, the photographs definitely dont do it justice. When I saw it in store I picked up the extremely heavy piece and dreaded looking at the price tag. Theres so much detail on it and because its all black and doesnt restrict you to either gold or silver, it was perfect for me! To my surprise it was only £50. I know that still sounds bad but considering the detail and the fact that something basic in Topshop costs about £36 anyway I thought it was so good! Perfect for the christmas period with black disco pants and red shoe boots. 
 - The shorts are also great for the christmas season. I think I might wear them to my works christmas party. That is a while away though so I'll probably get impatient and wear them before that and have to find something else. What i love about these is that they have an elasticated, draw string waist and loose fit, which makes them perfectly comfortable and flattering. I'll wear them with a loose shirt tucked in and heels. 
- The fairisle gloves and born free tank I love wearing together because of the colours. With a leather jacket, fur headpiece and jeans I think it gives an effortless look. 
- The gift bags are from Primark. I thought I would mention them as they are so vintage looking, cute and cheap. Very christmassy and perfect for presents for everyone. 
- The asos aztec pom pom bag is probably my star buy. It was sold out when I saw it featured on someones blog and I was so gutted! But on friday night one finally came into stock so I quickly purchased it. Inconveniently just after the 25% off had finished. I still got 10% off though so its not so bad. Its so perfect for me - aztec, fringing, blues, whites and greys and a good size. I love it! 
- The necklaces are also favourites of mine. I'll most probably team the blue one with my new bag. I'm loving the neon pops of colour in accessories and I know I'll be buying a lot more of it. 
- The dior gift bag doesnt actually contain stuff for me. I braved the boots points event the other night which was absolutely rammed. My dads christmas present is inside. Thought i'd include this due to the bag being pretty and because it is something I've bought. 

4 comments:

  1. Amazing buys, loooove the Topshop embellished top xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the necklaces!! You can find a realted post of mine here about statement necklaces http://fashionreactor.blogspot.gr/2012/11/statement-necklaces.html

    Eirini

    ReplyDelete
  3. great finds honey !


    XX Luba

    :: Well Living Blog :: shaggy jacket & flared jeans in my look today
    http://very-well-living.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul love the necklaces!

    pocockins.blogspot.com
    Sophie
    xx

    ReplyDelete